A New Kind of Science
- go https://www.wolframscience.com/nks/
Heavily critized book by stephen wolfram, mostly (IIUC) for the way his ego gets in the way. I've heard/read the following:
- He often doesn't seem to care about previous work in the field.
- He often seems to claim authorship of known concepts.
- He's sued people for publishing proofs that he considered a "industry secret" (of wolfram research).
- criticism http://bactra.org/reviews/wolfram/ is a scathing classic by cosma shalizi.
- Got it on 2021-01-06: