- I like the sleep/awake version better because it doesn't involve killing cats
the universe (specifically the observer) finds themselves in a world that the cat is awake/asleep. There are two observers (we are talking about many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics here).
In the copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics, there is only one observer and the universe "collapses" to show us what's "really happening"
- this is how quantum mechanics is usually explained and I don't like it because it adds extra stuff that doesn't need to be there for the sake of making people "feel better", which I believe to be one of the greatest sins of science
- In the copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics, there is only one observer and the universe "collapses" to show us what's "really happening"
- side note the TV show devs is an interesting show that talks about quantum mechanics from a very mathematically sound perspective
[speculative outline]: speculative outline.md "speculative outline" [self-locating uncertainty]: self-locating uncertainty.md "self-locating uncertainty" [born-rule]: born-rule.md "born-rule" [//end]: # "Autogenerated link references"
Backlinks last generated 2022-01-28 07:55:20
- Open document (Hedgedoc) at https://doc.anagora.org/notes-on-quantum-mechanics
- Video call (Jitsi) at https://meet.jit.si/notes-on-quantum-mechanics