Write something here!
- There should be at least one public document for you to write in anywhere in the Agora. Look for it in the Stoas section below :)
- Write to the Agora elsewhere!
- Sign in to contribute your self hosted writing :)
Let's Encrypt certificate renewal issue
I got an email that my certificates were going to expire.
Given they are set to auto-renew, this seemed odd.
I logged in to the server and some errors indeed in ~/var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Along the lines of
Detail: 22.214.171.124: Fetching http://commonplace.doubleloop.net/.well-known/acme-challenge/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)
And indeed it was a firewall problem. I did not have port 80 open, just 443 and some others.
ufw allow http certbot -q renew
Weird that this just manifested though. What changed?
- Open document (Hedgedoc) at https://doc.anagora.org/let-s-encrypt-certificate-renewal-issue
- Video call (Jitsi) at https://meet.jit.si/let-s-encrypt-certificate-renewal-issue