📕 subnode [[@firstname.lastname@example.org/social coop tech group]] in 📚 node [[social-coop-tech-group]]
- flancian: OK with taking notes in doc.anagora.org/social-coop-tech-group? will cross-post to the minutes thread as usual.
- attending: giacomo sansoni flancian akshay mankar
- working for Google, meet
- flancian wdyt about matrix?
stuff we could do next
akshay mankar file bug in mastodon bug tracker for extra fields in the mastodon sign up form
- how do we handle user data in the long term? user data handling policy, etc.
- started writing the issue but then stopped to better understand how the solution would look like
perhaps we should have an instance to experiment with
- flancian we might have this -- need to check containers and docs
- if not we should create it :)
- mastodon already probably supports a good way to store information you got in the signup request, we could adapt it -- perhaps encode
- akshay the idea here would be to send a PR to upstream instead of forking/applying our own path.
- flancian this seems to raise the priority of updating the instance to latest mastodon
- akshay mankar file bug in mastodon bug tracker for extra fields in the mastodon sign up form
- media issues?
backups and restore
- related to data management as well as we want to be careful/responsible with our user's data
- where can we put these backups in? how do we extend the list of acceptable servers?
- currently backups go to a s3, but where to restore?
- how to make sure we don't mess up with the fediverse if we test restores?
also related to the issue of failover in mastodon -- how is it supposed to work?
- akshay you fail over the database, then frontends can all use the new primary
- you need to solve balancing for the frontend or manually fail over that as well
akshay not attending the next one
- attending zurihack!
- let's meet!
- flancian sent update in chat room:
📖 stoas (collaborative spaces) for [[@email@example.com/social coop tech group]]