🏛 Stoas near [[@flancian/agora protocol]]📖 HedgeDoc at https://doc.anagora.org/agora-protocol 📖 Etherpad at https://stoa.anagora.org/p/agora-protocol 📹 Jitsi at https://meet.jit.si/agora-protocol
- A series of conventions that sentient beings can agree to follow while trying to communicate optimally for the common good.
- A flancian uses Agora Protocol to try to define their intents publicly and cooperate with others optionally for the benefit of beings, but all aspects of Agora and Flancia are meant to be fully optional.
- #go https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JdaC_9J0uYFNFp7g7x4VNtMxJSZQsE2MQkOMmydLCCc/edit
- Trying to bootstrap the above protocol.
- Plus a roadmap for a platform or federated network making use of it.
- #pull agora paper.
- In an agora, agora protocol is meant to enable people to exchange resources mapping to patterns in a (by default) free global commons, which I also call the Agora for short.
- I started with google docs in 2019/2020 and then I tried moving to hedgedoc but actually I think I might just go back to the google doc. It's just a rich experience, and several potential collaborators already use it (they left comments).
- Update (2022): revamping now ocassionally while writing agora pkg chapter, but it may be that the source of truth becomes agora paper.
a social convention.
A list of social conventions and assertions.
- Focusing on improving the ability to communicate with each other with good intent.
- text based to begin with.
- This means you can use it anywhere you can write down text by default.
- Using this basic quality, we can make use of adversarial interoperability as we want to.
- agora protocol can be used everywhere.
- This Agora, resolved by default using common Agora endpoints at https://anagora.org , welcomes all people and formats a priori.
- This Agora welcomes all groups except fascists and the violent.
- It is the opinion of this Agora that the use of agora protocol in a medium defines an Agora, in the sense that it designates the contexts in which the protocol is used as part of some Agora by default; and the medium as potentially interoperable with the Agora network.
- A list of social conventions and assertions.
What follows is Agora Protocol in a nutshell: https://twitter.com/flancian/status/1437079533253976066 .
- layer 1
You can use wikilinks. This expresses an intention to make use the wiki protocol, of which the Agora is a special case.
- The reference Agora, in which you are probably reading this, also has some limited hashtag support.
- An Agora is any virtual space you can define in any way you want as long as it is explicit and by default public.
- can be bootstrapped with agora exchange format?
- #pull knowledge commons
plain text plus as layer 0 (bootstrapping layer).
- indented bulleted lists designate a useful heterarchy.
wikilinks and #hashtags at layer 1, plus other link conventions and metadata extensions.
- successive layers are explicitly discussed through agora rfcs and settled through a governance layer called an agora and defined by convention.
- to see the communally maintained text of the full protocol, please refer to the stoa below.
- a protocol is a set of explicit conventions that can be followed for a purpose.
- push to or modify agora rfcs.
- this is as kept by the community agreeing to cooperate on such a list: the community of the agora.
- #push agora
- #push agoras
- 2020 https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JdaC_9J0uYFNFp7g7x4VNtMxJSZQsE2MQkOMmydLCCc/edit#
- the agora is a markup convention
- 2021 I presented in i annotate, refer to go/agora-slides or recording if interested.
- 2022 writing agora pkg chapter
- for federation.
📚 Node [[agora paper]] pulled by a user
📚 Node [[agora pkm chapter]] pulled by a user
📚 Node [[knowledge commons]] pulled by a user