- reading alexander
- how did we meet?
mathspace vs cyberspace
jonathan-the-utopian as of late, yes; would love to make something
- interactions with technology are often frustrating though
- daniel Q: which kinds of things would you like to build?
jonathan-the-utopian A: liked your sites btw :)
- one minimal tool would like to have: take notes as a group
- open question
- jonathan-the-utopian as of late, yes; would love to make something
definition of protopia
- requires ethics
core questions in mtr master konzept
- jonathan-the-utopian this seems to be leading into vulnerability/psychological explorations
daniel is the key intent here to answer these questions for a small group or to develop a framework for other people?
- both, but first the earlier :)
- branch rational tarot
- branch language games
- branch wittgenstein
- branch lyotard
- branch update the proust questionnaire?
jonathan-the-utopian: what is your background?
- computers + design -> multimedia engineering
- branch merveilles looks like a good fit
- multitouch tablet experiment led to 5 years doing interactive installations
- became more interested in how people behaved than in the actual content of the screens/the technology
moved to art, stopped doing commercial work, moved to the woods
- "i want to inspire others in the same way these people are inspiring me"
- conversations with xavivives, who is more technical, led to a bootcamp
- branch feedback club
daniel-armengol-altayo back at ya
jonathan-the-utopian grew up in california
- swiss and us citizen, moved to switzerland at 18
- decided to study physics, then felt the need to understand mathematics first.
- bachelors + masters in math
- burned out after that, atmosphere at university wasn't great
- took 1 year off
- interested in social processes
- finally started a phd until february 2020
- was in buenos aires, dance tango
- decided not to do a postdoc, wanted to leave academia
applied to a program in zhdk: transdisciplinary studies
- supposed to be connected to mathematical background
- dream art space / event space
- jonathan-the-utopian grew up in california
- daniel-armengol-altayo curious that what society understand by artist is: a person that is free to do whatever they want. art is perceived as a playground.
infrastructure we need
- basic tools to share information in a better way
- something close to a wiki
- branch stoa
- let's write user journeys and compare?
q what are our frustrations?
- a jonathan-the-utopian would wish to have a place like discord/zulip, two level or arbitrary level tool
- a digital space where we can write structured information
- branch agora as a tool to get a communication instance with a given well defined context
- possible projects
- daniel-armengol-altayo main focus is understanding how information processing happens