📕 subnode [[@flancian/dan whaley]] in 📚 node [[dan-whaley]]
- A person.
- demo / walkthrough
next features to ship
- social media import, per post
- social media import, bulk
- arbitrary repo import
- ipfs support
- catch up
q: international deployment
- currently US and Canada mostly
- do provide this internationally though
- delighted to talk to schools in new areas
- roaman agora
readwise notion roam
- There seem to be many pipelines involving these and hypothes.is
- 2021 goals
- Use cases
- Next steps for interop/protocol -- different from the above? Convergent?
- Out there question
- 22 people now in the company!
- Raising money
- Skunk works
- Youtube annotator
- joined the beta
- great for single-user use cases
- but doesn't go after collaboration, publishing, web
fedwiki seems to be the closest thing to the agora
- check out the wednesday calls
- react (a module) could be another frontend to the agora
would love to experiment to hypothes.is
- hypagora: a fork/branch
- seemed like it was more about structured representation
- agora is more like folksonomy
Journey to understand the broad frame.
- There is a movement in humanity towards networked thinking.
- The book -> the telephone -> the web.
- What's next? There's another step coming. The beginning of truly coordinated semantic thinking.
Dan believes that the note taking paradigm with wiki links is a key part of this journey but it needs an ingredient.
- Open coordination.
Annotation is the edge. An event horizon.
- The ability to coordinate between clients that live at the edge is key.
- Does not yet have the power of the wiki link.
Notion/Roam are not yet unlocking the full human potential.
- Dan is on a journey to find what are the essential components.
- Open questions: groups, groups permissions.
- Hypothesis gets tweeted at by people who are using their tools in new ways.
- Local cyberpunk guy, founder of Sun Microsystems.
- Lots of different annotation services; how do you know which annotation services have annotations with a page?
- Similar problem to go link authorities.
- Some people think that the fact that backlinks were absent in the original web was part of what let it grow.
- What if in the future you can't just run a server in your closet?
Browser vendors consortium (name?)
- Conveniently outside the W3C.
Annotation standard: read it
- JSON/RDF: elements that needs to make up an annotation
- What are the concepts in this space.
- Data model
- A discrete component.
- Glorified markdown editors.
Hypothes.is -> readwise -> Roam
- Hypothes.is as a SGK client
- Standards compliant wiki service
- Dan agrees that most of the activity is socially beneficial.
- People still think of these networks as being apart from themselves. But the network is the organism.
Open source versions of projects.
- Truly networked paradigm?
- Loose coupling / loose integration.
- My view: personal gardens are what get a critical mass. It needs to be independent.
⥅ node [[the revolution will be annotated]] pulled above
⥅ related node [[i annotate 2021 dan whaley]]
📖 stoas for [[@flancian/dan whaley]]