∂ part of node [[getting-things-done]]
Getting Things Done
- GTD for short. A productivity method by David Allen.
- It's also a book, which I haven't read; Luciana has.
- go https://hamberg.no/gtd
The gist of it:
- Break down tasks. Be specific.
- When go through your backlog, like any inbox (including a "main" one, your base field of operations for executing the GTD algorithms), you try to either take any needed action immediately (but only if it's short; perhaps set a threshold in seconds, rather than minutes) or classify for later doing.
- My take: as I can, I try to expand items, breaking them down into simpler actions and tagging them (classifying them) with a greater degree of specificity. This makes the tasks more tractable over time.
- You classify according to time and context for the task of doing. Some example tags:
- next action is where a lot of the magic happens. At some point something needs to be your next action to get done :)
- I'm trying using Getting Things Done in the Agora: