- ahs search prefix
- non API version that just works: see telegram
- API seems good though
- it should take any version of a DOI indicator, either in URL form or not
- you want it to return the URL of a world readable PDF
- how to assemble good collective ontologies
interlay vs interlace
interlay: the universe of what's available around a topic. how to deal with reputation, visibility, governance.
- has the feel of a search engine. search engines were the first interlays :)
- fast feedback loop, discoverability
- we have stopped at the second rung of a high ladder
q if there is a governance layer, is it in the interlay? I believe so
- all layers could have governance components
example: an underlay that is a star catalogue
- a single collaborative dataset
- social aspects
- needs coordination, e.g. how to do timestamps; how to sequence observations; how to handle a variety of sensors. these all yield rules that could be interpreted as governance.
interlace is a multiverse; a superset. doesn't have governance.
negative space for interlay
- as you develop reputations, governance, integration approaches for an interlay you may run across things where a decision isn't clear and it feels restrictive (once made) -- you know that one way to address it is to fork
- pun on interlays
- negative space for interlay
have you thought about exchange formats / interop standards
- interlay: a collection of statements with some default schema
a standard schema could be: naming a source and describing its properties
- aside: catalogue like
unsure now because people that care about granular knowledge and compile huge datasets get easily distracted about format questions
- better to define it in terms of a namespace perhaps
- it has at least a human readable name, perhaps an autogen machine readable name
describes which formats are available
- structured data
- human readable text
- interlay: the universe of what's available around a topic. how to deal with reputation, visibility, governance.
- wikidata hackathon used big blue button
- push ahs
- an intent for cooperation
- a node for every doi
- gen studio
- a canonical entity plus a conversation
- from go/meet notes You have two webcams.
The government takes one webcam and gives it to your neighbor.
https://anagora.org/metasj for previous notes
[ hub ]
[ legal ]
[ perserverant ]
[ comprehensive ]
[ summarized and annotated ]:
a space for [[synthesis]]
Underlay of sources + pipelines;
Interlay of aggregations and catalogs;
Overlays for search, reading, annotation
- Namespace for (articles, concepts, authors)
- To start: 1M entities, write on read?
[identify 100 disciplines; top X historical + current articles, their authors + cites]
get the 1m entities from somewhere
get X users to show contribution methods by example. Good candidates:
reading groups paper/book clubs
grad students surveying their discipline
informal/out of system students
Units of contribution:
choose a discipline, build the "list of 100 historical articles / topics" in it, find sources for it [sync w fatcat]
mark papers as [[state of the art]]
assemble papers into a dependency graph
run or join a [[reading club]] focusing on an area, a book or a set of papers.
IL: A healthy subspace for prosocial entities to outperform walled gardens --> here that maximizes your utility and connection.
Deustche Bank famously noted how Elsev is benefitting from a distorted market. (The same applies today to app stores...): https://notes.knowledgefutures.org/pub/supertanker/release/3
obsd --> github --> agora
- for the focus to be sharper, X needs to happen
- instead of trying to figure out how to solve tangential complexity, a platform to focus on what's the focus of our disciplines
- a platform for scholarship
what do we need?
- names for its components
a mapping from a goal to all known resources that are known to contribute to the goal, or the other way around
- this feels like a network plus a flow problem
- scripts that iterate over the data set and take actions