∂ part of node [[oliver-sauter]]
Launching collections this next monday.
25y goal for memex
- transform how we make decisions as a society
- our tools to source information are bad, polarize us
- we can all be experts within a certain scope
- increase quality of information, increase quality of decision
- first we need to get to a situation in which companies in this space stop focusing on infinite growth
- might move from mit to gpl
- liquid digital distributed democracy
- flancian's agora search == oliver sauter's vertical search
- bluetooth codecs
- hypothes.is and memex
- crowdsourced search
interop for roam likes and other tools in the pkm market
- oliver how do we figure this out at least on the level of addressing each other's blocks?
- base protocol, extensible with contracts
- oliver standardization is tricky from the perspective that you need to get everybody onboard -- including the organizations producing these tools.
- flancian two pronged approach in the agora:
- cloud infrastructure is the focus now
- roam does not require in its default data model to do any form of standardization. If you're a roam user and you use roam.js, you can interpret any response as a block.
What are the memex user journeys? Perhaps in particular in comparison with hypothes.is.
- hypothes.is excels in academic research and academic annotations.
- memex and hypothes.is will eventually interop.
- memex tries to bridge the gap between discovery and curation/organization.
- If you think of twitter, the only way you can organize content is to use bookmarks.
- memex lets you curate collections of content, annotate them individually or collectively, and integrate them into synthesis workflows like those in roam.
- oliver advantage of agora (hub) approach: cheaper integrations.
- Example: https://memex.social/a/t3CrywWxPK4WSH1t4rhe
- If a user says: I have two roam databases, one notion database, etc.
hypothes.is wants to add the concept of channels
- Like a rss feed.
- oliver would suggest that the agora is a library first, then a protocol.
- next action