📚 Node [[2022-11-27]]
↳ 📓 Subnode [[@forshaper/2022 11 27]]
↳ 📓 Subnode [[@forshaper/2022 11 27]]
📓 2022_11_27.md (text) by @forshaper
- A [[place]] to birth [[heroes]], [[explorers]], and [[virtue]]. People to lead us into tomorrow.
[[Steven Pressfield]]'s guide to [[writing]]:
- Every [[work]] must be about one thing.
- It must have something different about it that catches people's [[attention]] immediately, like in one minute.
- Every work must start which something that pushes it along. This must point to the highest part of the story.
- It should follow the parts of the [[story]] where things are laid out, put against each other, and brought together through the fight.
- Every [[person]] stands for something that is in [[everyone]].
- The person of the story must be the [[body]] that is the one thing the work is about.
- Anyone [[against]] that person also stands for what is against the one thing the work is about.
- The [[fight]] is about the one thing the work is about.
- The highest part of the [[story]] settles the one thing.
- Comment on [[Navy]] vs [[Air Force]] [[command]] [[attitude]]: "can you help me with this" vs "do that or else"
On [[Value]] [[Proposition]]:
How will this help the customer [[move]] [[forward]] on their [[path]]? Where are they headed? What would be helpful to go where they're going? [[Where]] are they, exactly, in [[place]] and [[time]]? What is the [[context]]? Where they are tells a little about where they're trying to go [[direction]].
- IF they are there, where are they [[moving]] to?
- How can they be helped to get to where they want to go?
- What do they want to [[feel]]? Remember [[Shigeru Miyamoto]].
- [[Context]] of when and where they are tells about where they are moving to.
- No isolated [[event]], these are [[repeated]] and [[continuous]] [[flows]].
Whose [[need]]? When? In what [[place]] and [[time]] is it needed? What other [[feelings]] come with that need? What will help get them past what's [[blocking]] them to where they are going? [[Why]] are they doing what they're doing?
- who, while doing what, when, where
- What's in the way of [[progress]]?
- Are they MacGyvering a bandaid solution? Doing nothing at all? What [[improvised]] [[solution]] are they using?
- What would they consider a good solution? What would they be willing to give up for it?
- What unmet [[need]] or [[desire]] is there? What are people doing to meet the need with improvised, patchwork solutions? What do people really not want to do that they feel they have to do? Can we [[help]] them avoid that?
- If your product is not meant to be used for a particular path, it's important to let the potential buyer know beforehand.
- What are you trying to move to? What's blocking you? What are the people around you trying to move to? What's blocking them?
- Who is not using your stuff? Where are they trying to go? What could they use from you to get where they're going? Sketch out your customer's [[struggle]] to get to where they're going with a [[storyboard]]. Look for words that indicate a framing of [[timing]]- "every day", "once every two weeks", "because of that I did this", etc.
- What will they have to get rid of to use your way to get past what's blocking them from going further in their path?
- What will mitigate the [[anxiety]] of moving to something [[new]]?
- When do people actually [[use]] what they buy? What's the [[context]] of when they use it?
- What's the [[story]] of how people will try to go along their path, get blocked, stop what they're already doing to proceed on their path, and use your solution instead?
- New ideas [[win]] when they [[give]] people an [[experience]] they [[want]].
- How will this help the customer [[move]] [[forward]] on their [[path]]? Where are they headed? What would be helpful to go where they're going? [[Where]] are they, exactly, in [[place]] and [[time]]? What is the [[context]]? Where they are tells a little about where they're trying to go [[direction]].
The frustration at the lack of people's willingness to [[change]] contains the key to what they [[want]], and knowing what they want, we can trade that for our [[growth]].
- What will they [[want]] ten years from now? What they are refusing to [[change]] now, despite all [[environmental]] stressors to the contrary.
- A convenient thing about [[driving]] on the left side of the [[road]] is that the [[driver]] is located on the same side of the [[vehicle]] that the [[heart]] is in the [[body]].
- The [[religion]] will need to be a [[fundamental]] [[mechanism]] from which an astonishing variety of [[particulars]] can spring from.
- "One of the [[strategies]] single celled [[organisms]] use is '[[Last in First Out]]'. If the [[cell]] feels [[sick]], the first thing it kicks out is the most recently integrated plasmid."
Things that are completely [[stable]] in our [[perception]] disappear.
- Part of why we have more than one [[sensor]] is to track [[change]] [[between]] them. So if you can [[measure]] something from [[two]] different points, you can [[track]] how something [[moves]] between the cone of perception in each point. The difference between what each [[eye]] sees lets us perceive [[depth]].
- If I had two hundred thousand [[dollars]] I would spend 3 hrs a day [[lifting]], 4 hours a day [[walking]] around in the [[mountains]], and 4 hours [[grappling]], [[striking]], and working with [[weapons]].
- Potential [[weapons]]: collapsed:: true
[[Maximalist]] with [[opportunity]], how? [[mastery]]
- [[Fear]] of [[bad]] outcomes makes you shut down your [[game]].
- [[Confidence]] is a reflection of past [[experience]].
- [[Base]]= that which helps generate the [[force]] to [[move]] toward a [[goal]]
- A [[predator]] needs a [[prey]]'s flight to stimulate [[aggression]], and aggression to stimulate [[eating]].
- [[Goat]] [[walking]] is the practice of [[surviving]] in a [[harsh]] [[environment]], such as a [[desert]], by simply walking around with two female [[goats]]. Apparently, one can live off the [[milk]] of the goats.
- People need an [[ideal]] for [[tactical]] [[movements]].
- [[Friction]] occurs at the [[fulcrum]], so you need to spend more [[energy]] there.
- "An ordinary [[thief]] steals like a watch, cloth, bag. A [[political]] thief steals your education, your career, your happiness, your joy. The ordinary thieves, they locate any place where they can [[rob]], but the political thieves, they are chosen by us. We [[vote]] them. We have chosen our thieves to rob us. We are totally [[responsible]]."
[[Water]] familiarity requirements:
- 3000m open water swim 50m underwater swim Retrieval of 20lbs weight 2 minutes water tread with weight
🏛️ Stoas for [[@forshaper/2022 11 27]]
📖 Open document (Hedgedoc) at https://doc.anagora.org/2022-11-27 📖 Open document (Etherpad) at https://stoa.anagora.org/p/2022-11-27 📹 Video conferencing space (Jitsi Meet) at https://meet.jit.si/2022-11-27