📚 Node [[war]]
↳ 📓 Subnode [[@forshaper/war]]
↳ 📓 Subnode [[@forshaper/war]]
📓 war.md (text) by @forshaper
- "To be a successful [[soldier]] you must know history. Read it objectively–dates and even the minute details of tactics are useless. What you must know is how man reacts. [[Weapons]] change but man who uses them changes not at all. To win battles you do not beat weapons–you beat the [[soul]] of man of the enemy man. To do that you have to destroy his weapons, but that is only incidental. You must read biography and especially [[autobiography]]. If you will do it you will find that war is [[simple]]. Decide what will hurt the [[enemy]] most within the limits of your capabilities to harm him and then do it. TAKE CALCULATED RISKS. That is quite different from being rash. " [[Patton]]
- To move along the line of natural [[expectation]] consolidates the [[opponent]]'s [[equilibrium]].
- [[Weapons]] cannot fight without men, but men can fight without weapons.
Women in war
- Deborah Sampson: disguised as man to serve in Continental Army
- They Fought Like Demons: American Civil War
- Lt. Ashley White and Cpt. Jennifer Moreno, died as cultural support
- Mary Jennings Hegar
- Danger Close by Amber Smith
- The more [[relaxed]] you are, the harder it is for your [[opponent]] to sense, anticipate, and [[block]] your next [[attack]].
- Surprise Unity Mobility Offense
- Mass Objective Security Economy of Force Simplicity
- "Mutual [[trust]] is the surest basis of [[discipline]] in necessity and [[danger]]."
- When you must give an [[order]], use landmarks instead of a [[map]] (wherever possible).
- Cultivate decisive action.
- Hinder your [[enemy]]'s [[range]] of [[motion]] rather than trying to crush them totally.
- [[Conviction]] is seeing actual paths to your end.
- [[Fit]] your [[ends]] to your [[means]].
- Direct [[conflict]] does allow for [[decisive]] [[victory]] only because of how it changes the viewer's [[perception]].
- Never [[fight]] except when you [[choose]].
- [[Phalanx]] only wins on flat open [[ground]].
- It is not the [[big]] armies that [[win]] [[battle]]s, it is the [[good]] ones.
- instead of 'being' in combat, most followers of [[styles]] 'do' combat.
- If you follow an established [[system]], you are learning the system. You are not learning [[yourself]].
- Truth is [[relationship]] with the [[enemy]]: constantly [[moving]] and [[alive]]. Never static. collapsed:: true
- From the [[old,]] [[security]]. From the [[new]], [[flow]].
To [[understand]] combat, approach it simply and directly.
- Understanding requires continuous [[awareness]].
- When [[hit]], [[move]] and fire.
- [[Tanks]] have [[angle]] of fire limitations that are up and down as well, not just left and right.
FIRST, MOBILIZE YOUR [[WILL]]: directives from the Russian side of the Chechen war.
- Always maintain your [[authority]]. -Patronizing means you're [[weak]] -to affect authority means you have no authority
- Don't [[steal]] from your people.
- Be [[fair]]/predictable.
- Reward the local when they do something aligned with you.
- Display a sense of calm and self-worth.
- Never beat a Chechen. Do not humiliate. Do not abuse. You will only embitter them.
- Do not insult their women.
- Do not blame the one in front of you for the last attack you suffered.
- Study their culture.
- You are always at war. The one in front of you may not be on your side. Win them.
- [[Hug]]ging is the practice of staying 50-200m of the enemy to avoid close range fire support. This is similar to being 'in the pocket' in [[boxing]] or [[MMA]].
- De[[moral]]ize the [[enemy]] before you get to them so that the [[fight]] is over before it starts.
- If the [[enemy]] has an [[immobilized]] [[part]] that is between its[[main body]] and its [[base]], drive toward that part so that the main body is disconnected from the base. [[move]]
🏛️ Stoas for [[@forshaper/war]]
📖 Open document (Hedgedoc) at https://doc.anagora.org/war 📖 Open document (Etherpad) at https://stoa.anagora.org/p/war 📹 Video conferencing space (Jitsi Meet) at https://meet.jit.si/war