📚 node [[@neil/britain is better off without bristol s monument to colston]]
Welcome to the Agora! Nobody has noded "@neil/britain is better off without bristol s monument to colston" yet. You can:
Write something here!
- There should be at least one public document for you to write in anywhere in the Agora. Look for it in the Stoas section below :)
Write to the Agora elsewhere!
- If you interact with an Agora bot on Twitter, Mastodon or Matrix and mention a wikilink like [[@neil/britain is better off without bristol s monument to colston]], the Agora will try to link your post in the matching nodes and optionally save a copy of your writing.
- Sign in to contribute your self hosted writing :)
🌉 bridge to [[britain is better off without bristols monument to colston]] offered by the Agora
Britain is better off without Bristol's monument to Colston
Not in a public celebratory view, anyway. It's still in a museum to reckon with the past.
- Colston was a slave trader, one of Britain's wealthiest
- Figures such as Colston are not simply remote characters from history
- Britain's history contains astonishing levels of greed and cruelty
- Acknowledging historic injustices is part of building a more equal society today
- The built environment reinforces cultural messages
- Tackling racism requires a lot more than removing statues
Type : claim
Agreement level : Without a doubt
📖 stoas (collaborative spaces) for [[@neil/britain is better off without bristol s monument to colston]]
- Open document (Hedgedoc) at https://doc.anagora.org/britain-is-better-off-without-bristol-s-monument-to-colston
- Video call (Jitsi) at https://meet.jit.si/britain-is-better-off-without-bristol-s-monument-to-colston