📕 subnode [[@protopian/a brief practical guide to being an infinite player]] in 📚 node [[a-brief-practical-guide-to-being-an-infinite-player]]
A Brief Practical Guide to Being an Infinite Player
- Author: Sasha Chapin
- Full Title: A Brief Practical Guide to Being an Infinite Player
- Category: #articles
- URL: https://sashachapin.substack.com/p/a-brief-practical-guide-to-being
- What a tremendous concept: that we ought to spend our lives in acts of mutual generation and play, extending to infinity, rather than playing short-term zero-sum games!
Make a point of occasionally asking people what they want out of life, then asking them how that’s going. Initiating these conversations can feel a little awkward at first. But they can be hugely meaningful, even if you don’t have any advice or knowledge to contribute other than ‘dumber people have done it before’ or ‘I give you permission to try.’
- Tags: favorite
- Provide one-on-one education in the skills you have, to the extent that you can. Two hours of personalized coaching can have dramatic effects—if someone is trying to do something you’ve done, they might be facing a simple bottleneck they’re unaware of, or making some sort of easily connected systemic error. In fact, I’d argue that this is the general rule, not the exception.
Transformative moments tend to be both specific and generic. What I mean is that the exact makeup of every personal inflection point is different, but the general transforming circumstances are often available to others.
- Tags: favorite
📖 stoas (collaborative spaces) for [[@protopian/a brief practical guide to being an infinite player]]
- Open document (Hedgedoc) at https://doc.anagora.org/a-brief-practical-guide-to-being-an-infinite-player
- Video call (Jitsi) at https://meet.jit.si/a-brief-practical-guide-to-being-an-infinite-player