📕 subnode [[@vera/zebra solidarity fund]] in 📚 node [[zebra-solidarity-fund]]
- #go https://members.zebrasunite.coop/b3edfaf22bcd4dd4b7b741bffd3f7d5f
- Inspired by the principles of Zakat (read our Founding Member, sheeza shah ’s article in The Guardian), a morally obligated Islamic practice that dissuades hoarding to redistribute wealth and eradicate poverty, Zebras Unite Co-op has set aside 2.5% of all gross revenues for a Zebra Solidarity Fund for its co-op members. This fund will be used to offer financial assistance, advance projects centred on economic justice, underwrite scholarships and experiments serving the solidarity economy .
- Subsidising member fees for Zebras Unite Co-op members struggling to meet the financial ask
- Non-profit or charitable projects centred on economic justice work
- Community experiments to create solutions for solidarity issues
- “Emergency Response Fund/Rapid Response” for disaster relief, and/or emergent social issue support, “care and health” fund impacting our members
- Care fund for physical and mental health of founders that are members of Zebras Unite Co-op
- Sabbatical fund for rejuvenating founders that are members of the Co-op
- Underwriting or providing scholarships for travel to come together for solidarity in action
- Redistribute wealth to those who are vulnerable or cut out from wealth/work
- a maximum of $3k will be available for distribution per quarter in 2022. Co-op members are eligible for **one **grant each fiscal year. The committee will decide how the quarterly budget is distributed amongst applicants based on the needs outlined in applications.