September 27th, 2020
- Play https://twitter.com/sn_fk_n/status/1309942837748871170 recommended by snufkin
- Nice thread about fonts in hn: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=24588225
- White onboarding to the Agora / using the Agora / building an Agora: https://twitter.com/TitusHora/status/1310253591991586819 titushora
- santicammi joined matrix.
- zulip keeps being kind of great.
- barbedcatpenis recommended great things to try in the piano: https://twitter.com/barbedcatpenis/status/1310273754673668097
- GitHub - 42wim/matterbridge: bridge between mattermost, IRC, gitter, xmpp, slack, discord, telegram, rocketchat, steam, twitch, ssh-chat, zulip, whatsapp, keybase, matrix, microsoft teams, nextcloud and more with REST API (mattermost not required!)
Reading through the sites of longtimers of the web, like Ton's site, and more recently Phil Jones' and Bill Seitz' wikis, and what they link to, makes you realise that there's such a ton of written history out there. It's a real treasure trove. And that it's important that it has been recorded out on the open web, not in some silo that might have vanished and the history lost.
Also makes me realise that much of what I'm thinking about has been thought about before! There's some great resources out there. Phil calls it a renewal or a reboot. It's good to have history to read through.
An interesting looking paper shared by Phil.
From the URL, it looks like it's from 1993.
research on all of teh moomin characters snufkin is god moominpappa kinda cute
21:36 write about these things
this is life this is life this is life the clothes i wear the choices i make - why? -
21:46 static analysis in java enterprise applications
these are generally notes on notes, i guess the paper it's from PLDI 2020 Static analysis of enterprise is hard due to dependency injection, inversion of control, and general obfuscation of bytecode; code generation techniques are also highly leveraged. The static analyzer for such applications should adopt:
Foundational static analysis framework
Framework independenet layer that understands the enterprise application concepts
per framework mapping to translate details of framework into concepts at the framework level
... I really don't care about Java. I'm closing this paper.