- Yesterday I got roped into some kind of weird Twitter feud and it was not my favourite thing. I think I'll try to skip those as much as I can.
- Had a long, interesting conversation with dyokomizo about communication, models, theory of mind, Buddhism.
- TODO for today: https://twitter.com/flancian/status/1312463931168813056
- ArtVolumeOne sent me this flan recipe: https://organicandrea.com/easy-organic-vanilla-flan/.
- Found out about telekommunism in theproject.is.
- ablueaeshna told me about the concept of privacy in A pattern language.
- ding levery chimed in with an interesting bit from Deep Work: https://twitter.com/dinglevery/status/1312849766124929024 .
Just reinstalled koreader on my kobo
I just reinstalled koreader on my kobo ereader. It's come on so much since last time I used it (a year or two ago?) The fact that it's a built-in menu in Nickel (Kobo's default system) makes it so much easier to launch.
Dark mode is so nice. And now it has its own Wallabag plugin, for reading articles you've saved online, which is awesome. (I was using Wallabako, which was cool but no longer needed).
My notes here: Installing koreader on my Kobo.
Listening: An ethics of agency
20:27 favorite manga
blame! one piece akira (check it out!) bleach beginning and art (but not story......)
20:55 hillel newsletter
famous np complete problem: must find satisfying formula for the boolean varaibles and statement for sanity we format the statement to assume conjunctive normal form find assignment that satisfies the equation
all np-complete problems can be converted to 3-sat problem sat solvers can quickly solve problems with lots of variables! this is mostly used for dependency management. but how do you prove a transition from your problem into sat?
aside: cleverness is communicated in a domain with experience, but can be transferred
posits that cleverness is only necessary with a lack of communication
smt community -> off of sat -> puts effort into affordances