Elements of Technology Criticism
source : Elements of Technology Criticism
Data is not neutral
- Data itself is an inter
“Technology can never occupy a space outside of capitalism.”
- Personally I am somewhat skeptical of this claim: I think this point isn’t specific enough with where it draws the line on “technology”, because I think there are possibly non-capitalist uses of computing
- Social problems do not have technical solutions
- Algorithms are just people
- Your brain is not a computer
Modern technology (specifically high tech) is just an extention of the logic of capitalism, and everything that’s bad about high tech is a problem with capitalism.
Overall, I feel that this is a good little post about the role of technology in capitalism. I take some issue with point 3 for not being specific enough, but otherwise I think it’s perfectly agreeable.
- Open document (Hedgedoc) at https://doc.anagora.org/20210103203640-elements_of_technology_criticism
- Video call (Jitsi) at https://meet.jit.si/20210103203640-elements_of_technology_criticism