📚 Node [[2022 04 05]]
📓 2022_04_05.md (text) by @flancian ️本 📝
[[ron gilbert]] announced [[return to monkey island]]!
- it seemed very, very unlikely this was ever going to happen. but it's happening!
📓 2022-04-05.md (text) by @neil ️本 📝
- We saw [[seal]]s today! A pod of about 25 of them, some swimming, most of them lounging around. They look very comical when they are just chilling on the beach.
📓 2022_04_05.md (text) by @forshaper
- [[Luck]] is easily found where the most [[change]] is.
- A [[growing]] [[pond]] is better than a [[stagnant]] pond, regardless of size. Start with a small pond.
How to [[give]] others [[energy]], and [[receive]] what energy they offer?
The quickest way to [[give]] others [[energy]] is to enable [[joint attention]] by attending to what they are attending to.
- What builds [[attunement]]?
By figuring out how others help the [[task]] of [[Now]], you gain [[energy]] from them.
- [[Conflict]] can be used to get everyone on the same [[task]] with [[speed]]. Recall that hearing a [[No]] often reveals more than hearing [[Yes]] or [[Maybe]]. collapsed:: true
- [[Attunement]] can arise like this: people [[gather]] in one [[place]], they look at one thing, see that they are all looking at the same thing, and share a feeling together. A [[feedback]] [[loop]] happens: more shared [[attention]] leads to more shared [[feeling]], and more shared feeling leads to more shared attention.
- High [[attunement]] and sense of the [[collective]], a sense of '[[we]]', makes us want to [[move]] our bodies together.
- The good thing about a [[win]] is the [[celebration]] after, which brings more people together.
- One mark of high [[emotional]] [[energy]] is being in [[rhythm]] with yourself, which is also a mark of [[alignment]]. As [[Confucius]] notes that smaller stars are drawn to a larger star, a rhythm with an aligned [[flow]] draws others to the one with rhythm.
- [[Emotional]] [[domination]] rises from one getting all the [[selective]] [[attention]], all the [[feelings]] coming from this one, and everyone else's [[rhythm]] [[aligning]] with the rhythm of the one.
- If you find yourself with "excess" [[energy]] such as [[anxiety]] or [[insomnia]], use it.
- The quickest way to [[give]] others [[energy]] is to enable [[joint attention]] by attending to what they are attending to. collapsed:: true
🏛️ Stoas for [[2022 04 05]]
📖 Open document (Hedgedoc) at https://doc.anagora.org/2022-04-05 📖 Open document (Etherpad) at https://stoa.anagora.org/p/2022-04-05 📹 Video conferencing space (Jitsi Meet) at https://meet.jit.si/2022-04-05
🔎 Full text search for [[2022 04 05]]