logseq is getting slower every day.
- thinking about starting to use wiki vim (not vim wiki, confusingly :)) more regularly.
- Update: I was stuck on 0.5.9 due to an issue with the AppImage; now manually updated to 0.7 and it seems somewhat improved?
#push wiki vim
now I'm writing this in wiki vim, in which:
- ,ww navigates to index.md
- ,w,w navigates to the current journal
- unfortunately navigating to a wikilink from the journal created the file in journal/, even though I want it in the root.
- filed: https://github.com/lervag/wiki.vim/issues/225
- already resulted in a nice workaround that I can just plug into my .vimrc :)
It is actually really nice to be able to journal in vim again.
- So responsive!
- And I can drop into 'full text/document mode' pretty easily, not to be constrained by outliner mode.
- Also I now have a global alt-d shortcut for my journal -- that is, pressing alt-d brings up my daily note no matter where I am :)
- Next thing missing is pasting media (that is, storing in assets and inserting a link). Thinking about how to solve this.
- now I'm writing this in wiki vim, in which:
Looked into managing my dotfiles in a more structured way again.
- chezmoi is looking fancy and probably worth investing on?
- agora 3
- wiki vim
- social coop
- social coop
I feel like I've been unlocking things, in some sense. I optimized several things which had been bothering me for a while. I feel freed up in a way.
Now it's 18:29 and I'm doing a pomodoro on chezmoi and with that I'm calling it with general optimization. Next up is podagora and in general some containers work, which on second inspection has to do with the flancian repo and project snapshot.
I over-rested by staying with chezmoi as it was fun :)
Then we had dinner and I cleaned the kitchen counters. Now it's 22 and I think I'll do yoga and try to do two more pomodoros before bed!
Copying over the highlights I've made of Half-Earth Socialism so far. I've nearly finished it now, just on the final speculative fiction chapter. Damn, it's a good book. It ticks so many boxes for me. Socialist calculation debate, Markets vs planning, climate science, climate breakdown, eco-socialism, Project Cybersyn, Viable system model, etc etc.
I put up a suction-cup birdbox on my window, and after a short period of it going unnoticed I'm now getting a blue tit come visit it constantly. Just the one, so the little guy is getting a hell of a lot of food.