📚 node [[2022 08 28]]
- #push agora rfcs
Back from a short city break to Manchester. Was a lot of fun. We packed a lot in.
- Finished reading it earlier today, spread over the course of a few days. Recollections:
- starts with a convincing overview of how catastrophic 'business as usual', green capitalism, etc, will be for the Earth system.
- covers the various different aspects of the crisis (sounds like polycrisis as per what Nick Dyer-Witheford in Nick Dyer-Witheford on Biocommunism)
- asserts that only a rupture from capitalism is sufficient to avert disaster, and it is needed soon.
- so: starting from a position of eco-socialism
- Zeller then continues on to make own contribution to present debate as to what should eco-socialist strategies be.
- doesn't like Malm's take on Leninism. Says it has a misguided stress on violence, and I think also that it misrepresents war communism.
- seems big on the idea of dual power. (At multiple scales). I'm interested to explore more what is the difference between ideas of Leninist dual power and libertarian socialist dual power.
advocates for socialisation of energy, transportation, and finance. Socialisation being the first step to large-scale transformation.
- not sure what is the strategy for actually socialising things though? Is that what hopes dual power can achieve?
Doing a couple pomodoro for the revolution at Agora Meet.
- copy highlights from Revolutionary Strategies on a Heated Earth
- as above
Capitalism is the cause of the climate crisis
- Not a particularly new or profound one, but a pretty foundational one for eco-socialism and thus worth documenting.
Net zero is part of a global imperialist climate policy
- Don't know if I agree, but interesting and worth exploring.
- Capitalism is the cause of the climate crisis
- This is actually no longer accurate. Costa Rica is currently top.
🌉 bridge to [[pull]] built by an Agora user
🌉 bridge to [[robert haisfield]] built by an Agora user
📖 stoas (collaborative spaces) for [[2022 08 28]]
🔎 full text search for [[2022 08 28]]