An Agora is defined by its code of conduct; it is a contract that binds us within its confines. It is therefore of utmost importance for it to be well specified (explicit) and understandable by all.
(A contract is just a list of assertions: a thorough declaration of intents. This is one such list; it is chronically incomplete by its very nature. Please feel free to contribute corrections (we accept git prs!) -- or guidance in the form of feedback.)
- Be honest; be true to yourself.
Try to be constructive, kind, rational, and compassionate.
- When interacting with others, either directly or indirectly, please keep in mind and follow the principle of charity.
- When you disagree with someone, please prioritize mutual understanding over winning an argument.
- If you made a mistake, apologize.
- The members of an agora can propose changes to its contract by reaching out to its maintainers or directly sending a pr.
- An agora can be forked at will and with no ill intent.
- Every member of an agora is of course free to follow their personal extension of any well defined set of values. If you have a personal public contract, please submit it to the agora at your earliest convenience.
E pluribus unum; per aspera ad astra.