An Agora is defined by its code of conduct or contract. It is of utmost importance for it to be well specified and understandable by all. Because of this we prefer explicit over implicit.
A contract is a public list of assertions.
- Feel free to contribute corrections to this list by submitting patches to this file in the Agora repository or by providing guidance or feedback.
- Above all, be honest; be true to yourself.
Try to be constructive, kind, rational, and compassionate.
- When interacting with others, either directly or indirectly, please keep in mind and follow the principle of charity.
- When you disagree with someone, please prioritize achieving greater mutual understanding over winning an argument.
- If you made a mistake, apologize.
Members of this Agora are free to volunteer their personal extensions to this list, according to their own set of values, by writing in this node.
- The Agora can be forked at will and with no presumption of ill intent by a subset of the community whenever contracts become incompatible.
- This Agora is a repository of intents.
- #pull values goals
- I endorse the base contract of this Agora (which is just an agora): https://anagora.org .
- My intents and values as explicit lists of assertions; they can be assumed to include my declarations of knowledge and belief as expressed in notes and resources volunteered to this Agora.
- In my particular case these assertions are sometimes organized in trees and graphs using the structured allowances given by this agora as modelled in agora paper, agora protocol and agora rfcs.
I intend to dedicate a meaningful fraction of my free time and resources to improve the world.
- #push manifesto
- Through this Agora I try to contribute to the development of a freer, open, progressive global society and projects or public utility.
- Because I am unskillful, I need your help. I am open to any feedback anytime. I am active on social media.
I agree with the contract on anagora.org
BEGIN KEYBASE SALTPACK SIGNED MESSAGE. kXR7VktZdyH7rvq v5weRa0zkUlxdvU 3oiDZWW5cm5jzDa 7VBfnxQT7qjn1XR XSQF8H4JbRfOVD4 q8AaJ4EwjUA70dZ YWFrB9fvvZqbN8d 9yOquYSBCgFww7y 4UBTtAPWbf10w5L u3vke3vVFYJjV04 81EPF9kjjwEVx8m 5fKmOJv9dB7yrqP Di6AH63cBrVsKKF Uq0wsU4ZHPMTLeK 15qRm0oX4EwBO6L 99H3arx303ALAfv . END KEYBASE SALTPACK SIGNED MESSAGE.
⚖️ I endorse the base contract of the agora in my doing and being here! 📜
I will shape my participation through what I think may be useful to others, and to cross pollinate from what others have shared.
I may be marginal, but I hope to be a slight marginal positive for the folks of the agora and its shared aims.
The formalization of a mutually beneficial relationship among or between two or more parties.
Issues to look out for:
- Was there mutual assent?
- Was there a mutual exchange of consideration? A completely one sided agreement is generally unenforceable, but there are exceptions (e.g., promissory estoppel, or a promissory note).
- Was there an integration clause contained within a written agreement? If not, other evidence outside of the written agreement may be introduced if a dispute arises.
2022-05-07 09:28:10 @flancian:matrix.org (link):
- welcome back, Evan! happy to see you here. I think this is a good proposal, and it might make sense for some topics/rooms in general to have guidelines that actively steer people away from hot topics. but I'd like to think that we can avoid this yet right here right now; we are a pretty small group and I'm pretty sure we can have difficult conversations but learn from them. I would agree we need to define standards of civility when dealing with disagreement; this is actually a core goal of the Agora, even if unfortunately I have personally invested very little on this in the last two years! perhaps this is a good point to pick that back up? we could just node contract further to begin with.
- 2022-05-14 08:14:01 @vera:fairydust.space (link):