- Attending: [[jerry michalski]] [[chris aldrich]] [[flancian]]
Discussion of [[go links]]
[[chris aldrich]] putting up something in the site
- here's what we're doing, here's where we're going, here is how to join
- let's use [[chat]] for coordinating
what's a high leverage topic for the three of us?
from chat unprocesssed
- Jerry Michalski dice:transclusion
- Chris Aldrich dice:How to create a Read Fork Write Merge Web?
Matterbridge site for group communication: https://chat.collectivesensecommons.org/agora/tips
Mathew Lowry mentioned [[Mysilio]]
[[David McRaney]] (twitter) has several books:
- Attending: [[jerry michalski]], [[diego de la hera]], [[flancian]], [[chris aldrich]]
Our personal history
- Diego en Córdoba
- Jerry Michalski pasos por sudamérica, ahora en Portland
- Eduardo de Buenos Aires, ahora en Suiza
- Relationships locally and globally
Jerry: [[open global mind]] meeting just before
([[chris aldrich]] joined, introductions)
- [[the brain]]
- [[chris]] any shares in the company?
- not anymore
- do you have backups?
occasionally :) but the format is a big bag of [[json]] objects, not bery interoperable
[[diego de la hera]]
- background: biomedical and electrical engineer, been on the web since the early 90s
- [[indieweb]] / https://indieweb.org
- [[open web backup]], strong belief in owning your own domain, your own data, your own identity
- done work on genetics, but germane: spent a lot of time in the [[entertainment industry]] as it overlaps with the open web
- massive amount of data
- history, culture as intertwined with knowledge tools
- current focus on wikis and note taking tools
[[jerry michalski]] wishful thinking for a design in this space
- it should allow all users to view data through their chosen tools
- sometimes you change tools as you shift what you need to do (they are good at different modes of thinking)
[[kumu]] == https://kumu.io
- [[jupyter notebooks]] are an inspiration
[[diego de la hera]] we mentioned a diversity of tools here:
- closed and open
- wiki like and otherwise
- ...but as long as these platforms provide this data in a documented way, do we need a central tool? wouldn't collaboration emerge even without a central tool?
- [[jerry]] +1 -- the big fungus is a metaphor for the result of this collaboration. But [[playnz]] might be an [[mvp]]/[[demo]] or just an experiment/playground for interoperability.
are these tools perhaps already playns?
[[chris aldrich]] [[progressive enhancement]] is key
[[flancian]] problems and opportunities:
- exploring hub architecture vs full graph integration
- lossiness as you interop through tools, playns
complexity of integrations
[[translation as a service]]
- [[markdown as lingua franca]]
interest in the [[crystallization]] of what we know together
- [[fellowship of the link]] as it relates to other projects
[[diego de la hera]] isn't the web as a whole what we need? :)
[[lists]] we could assemble:
people in this space
- the above
- [[tantek Çelik]]
- "how can we build this with as little technology as possible"
- projects in this space (knowledge tools)
recurrent calls in this space
- possible [[lingua francas]]
[[chris aldrich]] "The world lost so much because Vannevar Bush didn't use the word commonplace book in his article As We May Think."