📕 subnode [[@email@example.com/sje]] in 📚 node [[sje]]
- jerry michalski
- -> jerry's brain cybersyn salvador allende
- how do we frame this conversation?
jerry how we handle links seems very powerful
- "how can I be the chuck yeager of a the new platform"
- would love to get out of the current tool into something freer
500000 nodes, 1000000 links
- flancian FYI the Agora is small but has 1:4 linking ratio currently
- "linking freely but not promiscuously helps find things later"
note taking vs thebrain
- note taking does happen in the brain
- but Jerry doesn't actually use the notes field per se
it's not even outliner mode: it's an actual graph that Jerry navigates dynamically
- what about the time dimension?
- thebrain timestamps everything, but it's not really retrievable via an API
- wish: interop between tools that support every useful workflow
#push open global mind group, every Thu there is a check in call, as an example of taking notes here
- jerry how we handle links seems very powerful
- Jerry's their largest user.
- Has never paid for it.
Freeing Jerry's Brain
- what else might we do with the structure that it's easy for him to capture / has been captured?
- Exploring migration to other platforms.
- Asked for an rss feed twenty years ago (!)
- No other tool seems to be up to the task of migrating to it.
- Export is a json dump
Would love to offer his brain to others to take a snapshot and start building on it.
- content hash based tools have failed so far
- if you get into decentralized sharing, there are:
both of these are missing the higher level point: what humans want to share is concepts
- "you want the latest human genome"
"you want to find a map of charging stations"
- it'd make sense to compose canonical lists at different levels (city, region, global)
- coordination problem
- hashtags as an example of grassroot technology
- wikilinks as acceptable search queries for whatever you're trying to store
- query based event addressing
- sj huggingmind?
flancian have you done a mindmeld with someone else?
- Jerry knows one more advanced user, but thebrain doesn't offer any way to do this
- the exported bag of json objects is available, people are interested
- free jerry's brain group, meets Mondays at 1PM Pacific, part of open global mind
- also mattermost has a channel dedicated to it
- peter kaminski
- where to chat?
- zsolt did a excalidraw + obsidian mashup
- a healthy way forward is to have a series of design sessions for the interop ecosystem, identify components, identify the pieces that will make it easy for others to adopt the system and get value from it
- jerry Rel8 Use Cases: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWkwOefBPZY
- Jerry: "sharing our notes to fix civilization"
- Replacing powerpoint with better storytelling tool
- start an awesome foundation chapter?