∂ part of node [[2020-10-17]]
The Agora in a nutshell:
- It is a convention based social network; a layer over the existent internet.
- It runs wherever there is used generated content. It is user-controlled, even in corp-controlled platforms.
- Wherever users can write text, they can annotate as per an established convention.
- wikilinks are ubiquituous tags. Browser extensions can easily auto-link them to whenever the user wants to; for example, to a hub repository of them (https://flancia.org/go/agora-protocol is my current proposal, but that's just a detail; the most useful convention should win).
- Images (like those you can attach in, say, twitter or mastodon) can encode information; think of attaching QR codes to every tweet using a custom client). Or just screenshots, optionally post-processed (OCR'd) or making use of stenographic techniques.
- The Agora includes designated hubs where all annotations can be consolidated into a distributed knowledge graph.
- Special applications might be possible. Note that the Agora might presumably break open walled gardens.
- burning temple: https://twitter.com/harveykrishna_/status/1306294024790331394 kinkaku-ji
- Discussed possible projects in zulip.
- jonathan-the-utopian works in category theory! exchanged voice messages.