∂ part of node [[agora-plan]]
As you might know by now, an Agora is a beast with multiple legs:
- A knowledge garden. This is the heart of the Agora. It is kept in the https://flancia.org/go/agora repo.
- A web renderer, which I run on anagora.org. This is Agora Server. It is kept in the https://flancia.org/go/agora-server repo.
This page is about both, although it's probably going to be Agora Server heavy as I'm currently focused on developing features for it.
- On 2021-01-30
On 2020-01-02 I implemented jump
- I said: "I'll implement the action and a 'jump'/ dialog always available in the Agora, perhaps replacing search in the toolbar."
- Q: is 'go to' better than jump? I don't think so, and it could be confusing due to go links. But unsure.
- On 2020-01-01 I fixed node titles.
- On 2020-12-29 I pushed a quick patch that upranks all my subnodes, as some top subnodes in relatively popular nodes had formatting issues / were distracting. I intend this to be temporary; better ranking and formatting fixes are coming.
- On 2020-12-27 I released agora 0.5.6 with pull support, better db code, caching... quite a bit :)
- On 2020-12-20 I worked agora 0.5.5, which adds simple hypothes.is integration.
On 2020-12-04 I released agora 0.5.4, with some improvements:
- New data model (digital gardens are not subtree'd in the main agora repository anymore, stay wholly independent)
- Index page is now just another node, subnodes can be contributed by users.
- On 2020-11-29 I integrated the first community contribution ever.
- On 2020-11-27 I fixed some bugs, like wikilinks with periods on their names not working.
- On 2020-11-22 implemented count of subnodes in user pages.
- On 2020-11-17 implemented latest.
- On 2020-11-16 I implemented agora fuzzy matching and full text search, adopted a div based layout, improved the CSS, improved user pages.
- On 2020-11-15 I implemented dark mode (press on 'theme' on the top right corner to switch dark <-> light).
- On 2020-11-14 I released agora 0.5.1.
- [x] pen-coded: https://github.com/KGBicheno/KGB_Agora
- [x] luciana: https://github.com/malfattti/garden
- [x] arghzero
- [x] dr_kvj: https://github.com/drkvj/agora
- [x] jonathan-the-utopian
- [ ] enkiv2: http://www.lord-enki.net/medium-backup/
[ ] what about all of the ones licensed appropriately listed in kasper zutterman's second brain list? https://github.com/KasperZutterman/Second-Brain
- Discussing with armengolaltayo
- [ ] See also digital gardeners
[ ] iplumb3r
- This seems to be in topincs format, investigate.
- [x] houshuang
- [ ] joelchan86
- [x] tilda
- [x] binnyva
- [ ] jakeisnt
[ ] TomCassidy
- [ ] It's a public roam graph: https://roamresearch.com/#/app/Learn2020zettelkasten
[ ] metasj https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Sj/!
- First user actually using a wiki!
- agora twitter integration
- agora hypothesis integration
- agora vscode
- wikilinks everywhere
[ ] all http mentions should be auto linked, not only some: https://twitter.com/notverapetrova/status/1346258737204400128
- Worked around this, but I should probably send an upstream PR to bleach
- [ ] try rendering notes with marko, see if it's a bit more forgiving with list indentation and other kinks that seem common.
- [ ] add support for org mode gardens
- [ ] I should make node 0.5.6 work
- [ ] graph the whole Agora -- sounds fun!
- [ ] Implement pull and push.
[ ] Make more links default to node instead of subnode.
- For example those in latest, those in user pages.
- Might require 'upranking'.
- [ ] set up agora hot spare in dorcas, this is an experiment but I already find it very useful so I don't want to not have it available for a while if there's a server failure
- [ ] add monitoring -- munin or something more modern? prometheus?
- [ ] Implement /node/foo/selector as more resilient/uniform alternative to /subnode.
[ ] Implement user upranking/pinning.
- Perhaps nodes visited from a user scope uprank subnodes by that user?
- [ ] https://twitter.com/s5bug/status/1334686375275163652?s=09
- [ ] Provide a link (GET) for the search for '[ ]', useful for do.
- [ ] Add better backlinks, showing some context.
- [ ] Make the site header be marked as an actual header (div with a class, etc.); Google seems to think it's part of the site text (it's showing up in results).
- [ ] Fix markdown list formatting issue with different tab widths.
- [ ] add footer.
- Implement preview-on-hover?
- Implement "around the Agora".
- [ ] add /latest or some other chronological view
- [ ] User profiles: perhaps just note flancian as written by user flancian? Unsure.
- [ ] Make the index be just another note ding-levery.
- [ ] Improve backlinks: show snippets as well as just the link.
- [ ] Improve pull loop to also support arbitrary hooks, like that needed to implement agora go links integration.
[ ] Multi user improvements:
- Better sorting (right now all my notes show up at the top, doesn't make sense).
- Ability to "zoom into" a user, to navigate just their garden for a while.
- [ ] Perhaps ability to "uprank" users, pinning their notes to the top of any sorting order.
- [ ] Perhaps sort+uprank can be integrated?
- [ ] usernames could have a 'pin' emoji that upranks all their posts?
- [ ] Implement search (full text).
[ ] Add support for media serving (useful for pictures of ocell).
- assets/foo end up at node/assets/foo; just adding a handler for node/assets/ seems like it could be enough.
- It would conflict with a node named 'assets' though, so perhaps it's not ideal.
- Perhaps it'd be better to just serve images/media as subnodes?
- [ ] Add monitoring/alerting.
- When you update a node on a person, said person gets a notification (they can opt out).
- Support Roam, Athens, org-roam digital gardens.
Twitter integration -> agora twitter integration
- Ask ding levery.
Automatic actions -> agora actions -> agora action
- tweet block tweets the block (exactly once, etc.).
- go links integration -> agora go links integration
- [x] fix bug: backlinks should be shown even in yet non-existent nodes, such as deceased.
- [x] Clean up stale journal pages which don't follow iso 8601.
- [x] Add config.py file with things such as paths.
[x] Add user handler: /u
- /u/flancian -> all nodes by flancian
- /node/flancia/u/flancian -> flancia by flancian
- Also added @flancian. Shorter is better, and it's a common convention.
- perhaps /g/ for groups later? or /s/ for stoa.
[x] Add 'link to this note'.
- Now called subnode.
- Subnode rendering is ready, just need to add links.
- Perhaps I need to fix subnode paths; right now they are the actual filename. It'd be better if there was at least possible to specify the filename base (no extension) and have the right file be resolve, a la nodes.
[x] add some search support -- a simple textbox + GET?
- Probably want to use flask-wtf for this: https://hackersandslackers.com/flask-wtforms-forms/
[x] better css
- [x] Add 'dark mode' to the Agora, I like this kind of scheme: https://twitter.com/ablueaeshna/status/1323439284272222208/photo/1
- [x] added switching by button
- Make subnodes/notes look like notes instead of using clunky
<hr />everywhere. Move to divs, etc.
- [x] Improve the index.
[x] Implement agora fuzzy matching.
- [ ] but backlinks don't work in some cases, like http://dev.anagora.org/node/abstract%20fairy.
- Probably not worth fixing that right now as it only triggers for nodes that are not canonical, perhaps better to just redirect to a canonical node.
- [ ] could help with disambiguation and acronym expansion