jonathan busy, lots to read for the masters
- now in the gallery scene ;)
armengol also busy, probably need a break
- workaholic mode
- sometimes feels like he's "lost the ability to have fun"
- 2h30m away from barcelona
- when he goes he ends up meetings lots of people in a cluster/sequence
- (reminded me of my visits to buenos aires)
- when you're working too much, it's easy to become less efficience/diverge
- exploratory mode?
- jonathan is there a simple way to get a git repository of markdown notes?
- ui / ux experiments
- incorporate reading alexander into the agora
armengol how did you manage taking notes for reading alexander?
- jonathan mostly on paper; tried transferring later but couldn't make the time
- Vacaciones vs trabajo en modo freelance
- two weeks ago
- video on twitch
- edited version is coming
- bitcoin -> altcoins -> ethereum -> icos
- walter benjamin
- hannah arendt
- how to store context to recover mind states in the relatively distant future?
- how do you handle todos/projects?
- encoding information in dna
- Why Would A Recording App Win “Best App of the Year”?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtfdWl10lN4
- now: https://sive.rs/nowff
- jonathan-the-utopian thesis update
- meeting points
- big blue button
- could be a coop?
- jailbroken iphones: a joke?
- ghost publishing, some of the profits
- ctzn is broken
- users control it by coding nodes however they can
- users control it by proposing changes to its contract
users control it by forking and merging agoras
- it should be one command essentially
- difference in skill between users means difference in power
power is held by people who host?
- yes, I agree. reducing this power, making it easy to host, is a priority.
- what is stimulating from this vision
- reflecting on the dangers
how did the presentation for the masters go?!
- a lot of the discussion that happened with the jury, in particular a philosopher, was centered around
- "this project seems like it's situated in social design and it's important to read works in this space, concerning in particular to risks"
- western / colonial gestures / white saviour complex
armengol the problem of getting things into shareable state
flancian defaults to sharing all :)
- armengol tries to understand why he wants to say something, what's behind it; to process, filter, etc.
- example problem: where should we meet after this? been thinking about coordination problems; how we relate to digital information.
- thought about rules and principles
if we are planning on sharing a space, imposing rules can be a form of violence; you are limiting and bending other people's identities
- rules for the self converges to free will
- principles are a common understanding of something. they can be used in subsets with a purpose.
a cheatsheet on discourse
is it true
- there is no absolute truth
- reality can be described from many valid subjective perspectives
- relevant principles:
- is it true
- three gates
- flancian defaults to sharing all :)
push armengol principles based on our relationship with information in a digital context
- linkage (connectivity?)
- contract (spatiality?) (commonality?)
- every piece of information has been created at a moment in time
- you can not change the past -- append only
- you can only connect the dots looking backwards
push armengol rules
- we are used to working with markdown. it functions as a common space; it is not just the file, but the associated systems to deal with the files and link them.
what if we have a place where we can work together on these files.
- if we override the words of others, this is invasive. but if we don't agree on a shared context, communication cannot happen.
- aside m prime