I have a wider plan. I call it flancia.
- Flancia is an open collective that tries to execute an open plan: to support cooperative projects of public utility and improve the world for others.
- I intend to dedicate most of my free time and surplus resources to it.
- The plan includes a crucial step, which is to write a roadmap to Flancia with you.
- Flancia is a kind of eutopia; in particular a protopia. It is a place that doesn't exist, yet has both contact points with the real world and some good qualities. The working hypothesis is that it could actually be built through the iterative application of cooperative, rational, optimistic, compassionate thinking.
- My current thinking along the aforementioned lines leads me to want to focus my free time in two ways:
Because of the above I'm building an Agora: a goal-oriented experimenta social network specialized in problem solving.
- You are probably reading this in some version of it right now.
- The Agora, at its most basic and general, is a protocol: Agora Protocol.
- This plan used to include developing palimpsest, perhaps a generally interesting feature that might in time help bootstrap the Agora; but I know believe hypothes.is or memex are essentially the same thing, and the Agora should interop with them and complement them if at all possible.
My plan also includes by default every pro-social action which makes aspects of my identity which I consider ethically sound and constructive available to others for judgment, cooperation or communication. In other words, I try to be fully open :)
- My current attitude towards the world is to try to do the best that I can regardless of my personal limitations in skill and knowledge; being open about both my plan and my limitations is an important part of my identity, as I believe openness as a social attitude results in interactions conducive to optimal mutual understanding and cooperation.
- I practice open ethics and open source.
- See also: contract.
- I practice open ethics.