∂ part of node [[necklace-of-community-projects]]
Necklace of Community Projects
- push a pattern language 49
- tweet go https://twitter.com/flancian/status/1339890074637447171
- section towns
"Allow the growth of shop-size spaces around the local town hall, and any other appropriate community building. Front these shops on a busy path, and lease them for a minimum rent to ad hoc community groups for political work, trial services, research, and advocate groups. No ideological restrictions."
- I'm unsure about "no ideological restrictions". What about nazis?
- Provide a place for small, grass roots movements.
- rent free, with some limit on the duration of the lease.
- Near the town hall, or the main crossroads of public life -- the agora.
- Highly visible, connected to the public space. "Must be physically organized to undermine the natural tendency town governments have to wall themselves in and isolate themselves from the community once they are in power".
- Brings groups into natural contact with the community. Should be built to include some of the stable shops and services that the community needs.