- for note taking/pkm; an agora editor
- forum https://forum.obsidian.md/
as of 2021-05-07 the recommended closed source agora editor.
previously I had tried it after roam -- but I left it behind for foam on due to it not being open source.
- this thread was what sealed the deal, didn't make it sound like open source was likely to happen anytime soon: https://forum.obsidian.md/t/open-sourcing-of-obsidian/1515. I then wrote https://flancia.org/go/why-not-obsidian.
- foam seemed more easily extensible to me, but obsidian plugins (community maintained) tend to be great and open source.
- as of 2021-05-07 I'm back to obsidian from foam. I no longer think it's a deal breaker as pro-social companies might need to refrain but being fully open at all times to remain competitive in the market, and Obsidian's business model (where they charge for optional features like sync and do not block community solutions in the same space) seems fair to me.
- see defoam for a description of the migration process.
- obsidian is faster, a bit more polished and has a great community extensions market.
- previously I had tried it after roam -- but I left it behind for foam on due to it not being open source.