- for note taking/pkm; an agora editor
- go https://obsidian.md
- forum https://forum.obsidian.md/
as of 2021-05-07 the recommended closed source agora editor.
previously I had tried it after roam -- but I left it behind for foam on due to it not being open source.
- this thread was what sealed the deal, didn't make it sound like open source was likely to happen anytime soon: https://forum.obsidian.md/t/open-sourcing-of-obsidian/1515. I then wrote https://flancia.org/go/why-not-obsidian .
- foam seemed more easily extensible to me, but obsidian plugins (community maintained) tend to be great and open source.
- as of 2021-05-07 I'm back to obsidian from foam. I no longer think it's a deal breaker as pro-social companies might need to refrain but being fully open at all times to remain competitive in the market, and Obsidian's business model (where they charge for optional features like sync and do not block community solutions in the same space) seems fair to me.
- see defoam for a description of the migration process.
- obsidian is faster, a bit more polished and has a great community extensions market.
- previously I had tried it after roam -- but I left it behind for foam on due to it not being open source.
Desktop Markdown editor for Mac, Windows, and Linux that has built in backlinking, wikilinks, and Zettelkasten support.
License model is free for personal use, they intend to have paid licenses for commercial use, much like the licensing model for IDEs. Personal users pay for early access and other community features.
From the home page:
With Obsidian, your data sits in a local folder. Never leave your life's work held hostage in the cloud again.
Plain text Markdown also gives you the unparalleled interoperability to use any kind of sync, encryption, or data processing that works with plain text files.
From the about page:
Although we call it a personal knowledge base or your Second Brain, we also like to think of it as an IDE for your notes::highlight. You can think of an IDE as a powerful frontend that tries to understand your code, such as where are functions and variables stored, what are their types, and by doing so make it super easy to navigate code and get suggestions as you type.
They used to work on Dynalist.
Obsidian — система управления знаниями. Предполагается использовать для этого Markdown.
2022-01-28 провёл в уютной тумбочке стрим, где я в прямом эфире изучал Обсидиан, а зрители мне подсказывали и комментировали. Пришёл к выводу, что Обсидиан — хороший софт, который можно рекомендовать.
= Ссылки => https://blog.danilax86.space/obsidian/
Authored by:: P- Brendan Langen
Obsidian is a networked hypertext notebook, in which this literature review is published. Obsidian has a strong community, growing rapidly from interested PKM folks, Roam Research expats, and . Obsidian focuses on local first storage, enabling a higher level of privacy/security than competitors like Roam.
The base form of files is .MD, which affords accelerated community development. C- End-user programming enables the developers to be lazy about their backlog of feature requests
aka the best markdown editor on the planet!