- go https://www.w3.org/RDF/
- wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resource_Description_Framework
- turtle seems simplest, but vera recommends quads / datalog.
- relevant for go links, agora.
- ZornGerhard knows about it.
- I should ask s.-s. about it.
- see also turtle, semantic triples, solid.
- hypothesis RDF is enough to maintain a distributed knowledge graph collaboratively over the internet.
- push do
I started a pomodoro of this but procrastination came up, interesting -- it's not like I'm not interested in this, but it just tends to happen I don't get to it because I'm busy with work and other things, so I ended up associating it with a frustrated feeling? Unsure. It could also be I have a fear of it being precisely the Agora, what that would mean. I should be elated if that happened, but on some level perhaps.
- the agora is a social network built by the people for the people feels like something that I wanted to write, so no regrets.
"RDF is a standard model for data interchange on the Web. RDF has features that facilitate data merging even if the underlying schemas differ, and it specifically supports the evolution of schemas over time without requiring all the data consumers to be changed."
- "RDF extends the linking structure of the Web to use URIs to name the relationship between things as well as the two ends of the link (this is usually referred to as a “triple”). Using this simple model, it allows structured and semi-structured data to be mixed, exposed, and shared across different applications." - I feel like the Agora plays well with this, and this plays well with the Agora. - actions for example are semantic triples: - They happen in a node that serves as current context; usually a subject. - They point to another Agora node or a url, an object. - They contain a relationship, the action.
- "This linking structure forms a directed, labeled graph, where the edges represent the named link between two resources, represented by the graph nodes. This graph view is the easiest possible mental model for RDF and is often used in easy-to-understand visual explanations." - It sounds like RDF allows us to run a fully distributed graph / hypergraph over the internet. - Why has it not "taken over"? - What would "take over" mean?
- "RDF is a standard model for data interchange on the Web. RDF has features that facilitate data merging even if the underlying schemas differ, and it specifically supports the evolution of schemas over time without requiring all the data consumers to be changed."
reading wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resource_Description_Framework
- first public draft in 1997. Backed by companies such as ibm microsoft netscape.
1.0 was published as a standard in 1999, 1.1 in 2014.
- "The RDF data model is similar to classical conceptual modeling approaches (such as entity–relationship diagrams or class diagrams). It is based on the idea of making statements about resources (in particular web resources) in expressions of the form subject–predicate–object, known as triples. The subject denotes the resource, and the predicate denotes traits or aspects of the resource, and expresses a relationship between the subject and the object. "
- "For example, one way to represent the notion "The sky has the color blue" in RDF is as the triple:
- sky has the color blue.
- Or sky color blue?
- "Therefore, RDF uses subject instead of object (or entity) in contrast to the typical approach of an entity–attribute–value model in object-oriented design: entity (sky), attribute (color), and value (blue)."
- RDF is an abstract model. There are several rdf serialization formats.
- See also: W3C's Semantic Web activity: an evolutionary stage of the World Wide Web in which "automated software can store, exchange, and use machine-readable information distributed throughout the Web, in turn enabling users to deal with the information with greater efficiency and certainty." Also used in knowledge management applications unrelated to Semantic Web activity.
- RDFS and OWL are ontology languages built opon RDF.
- common misunderstandings:
- RDF is not for representing metadata only.
- RDF is not an XML format, it rather is an abstract data model.
- Known applications