↪ Google |
↪ DuckDuckGo |
↪ Wikipedia |
Utopia for Realists
- Started reading this before discovering Roam Research, and I didn't take off-book notes (of course).
- [[Basic Income]] takes up a fair chunk of it. Good reference/index to many Basic Income studies; after a while it got a bit repetitive, though.
- p168: transaction tax to disincentivize high frequency trading.
- p170: taxes in general can be used to promote value-creating activities.
- Automation and improvements in communication and transport enable a global economy in which wealth is concentrated and winners take all (Amazon).
- "The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment." [[Jumpsuit Chic]]