📕 subnode [[@neil/climate revolution how do we transition from catastrophe]] in 📚 node [[climate-revolution-how-do-we-transition-from-catastrophe]]
Climate & Revolution: How do we transition from catastrophe?
A : podcast
- ~00:05:39 Some kind of revolution/transition is going to happen regardless - is happening already to some degree. So we should be on top of the direction that it takes. (Sounds similar to Climate Leviathan here?)
- Need for party, criticisms of Occupy, etc.
- ~00:16:25 Positives of COP - they're talking about transition, and at least theiyre working at the global scale.
- Rupture vs incrementalism - why we don't necessarily need to work within the bounds of existing structures (e.g. the existing Labour Party).
- ~00:27:25 Leninism contributes towards the idea of revolutionary non-linearity.
- ~00:29:45 Leninism is thinking at the right scale. And it thinks about transition.
- ~00:43:34 Direct action is a tactic not a strategy - e.g. XR use it well as a tactic - but to support a flawed strategy.
Advice: join a union. Support Don't Pay UK. Get involved in organising.
📖 stoas (collaborative spaces) for [[@neil/climate revolution how do we transition from catastrophe]]
- Open document (Hedgedoc) at https://doc.anagora.org/climate-revolution-how-do-we-transition-from-catastrophe
- Video call (Jitsi) at https://meet.jit.si/climate-revolution-how-do-we-transition-from-catastrophe