- As of 2020-12-12 I work for Google. I have done so for eight years.
A good employer.
- My coworkers tend to be great-to-amazing.
- Compensation is good.
- Many of the company's products are useful.
I'm not a huge fan of ads but I think that showing/seeing ads in exchange of free services is a reasonable proposition, when it's clear.
- It'd be better if it was always optional.
Once when I was younger I found myself in google Cambridge. I was perhaps a stan for google, making everyone aware of my android superiority complex (I am slightly autistic), before I understood what google really meant for me as a consumer. As an employee, however, it is a far fetched dream. I recall everything, the secret nap room, the healthy-snacks-but-shh-down-here-we-keep-oreos, the firepole, even the texture on the elevator doors. It must have been 10 years ago, but dreams die hard.
I now understand life is never really going to amount to personal-projects-on-company-dime and nap time, but a large part of me still dreams to experience that work space.
Thanks for reminding me Flancian ;)
- 2022-04-10 17:10:50 @flancian:matrix.org (link):
2022-04-10 17:11:18 @flancian:matrix.org (link):
- how many flancians are there working for google -- I can prove there is at least one, and I think I can prove there are many
- 2022-05-11 20:22:00 @flancian:matrix.org (link):