→ node [[fascism]]
Perhaps the one group that is not allowed into Flancia?
- A flancian says: we are only against people that enforce their will on others violently as an expression of intolerance; we don't do it, and if you don't do it either we have no beef with you.
- Feedback: It is powerful to be able to say "this is all fully optional and you can ignore it if you don't like it, it's written in our manifesto".
- pull paradox of tolerance
⥅ pulled node [[paradox-of-tolerance]]
↳ subnode [[@flancian/paradox-of-tolerance]]
Paradox of Tolerance
- The paradox of tolerance states that if a society is tolerant without limit, its ability to be tolerant is eventually seized or destroyed by the intolerant. Karl Popper described it as the seemingly paradoxical idea that in order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance.
- Interesting that https://medium.com/@giggsboson/stop-misusing-poppers-paradox-of-tolerence-in-free-speech-debates-6f6ab4b8f0d3 says that Karl Popper argued for something a bit different: Popper cared most about people giving rational debate a chance.
⟴ stoa (shared document) at doc.anagora.org/fascism
⥅ context node [[anti-fascist]]
⥅ context node [[flancia]]
⥅ context node [[flancian]]
⥅ context node [[manifesto]]
🔎 full search for 'fascism'