up: [[Focus Filters]]
Focus Filters chalkboard and build log
See [Focus Filters]
A More Linear Log (Insofar as It Is Easy)
Official Start of Implementation -- 19:58 Reverse-engineering.
Started with this: Find RSS Feed URLs for YouTube Channels and YouTube Playlist - YouTube Tip Tutorial - YouTube
- Easy enough. Took RSS feed for Andrew Huang's channel (first channel that popped up):
20:42. Now that I setup the public log, I'm reading this: Newsboat - A Command line RSS/Atom Feed Reader For Text Consoles Written for Linux, not Windows, but I'll take some good dev ideas:
- single file of RSS feeds
tags for feeds
- and for posts by keyword, but I might not get to that tonight
- central place to read? (or Obsidian export, if I feel ambitious)
- I'm adding in skip-friction filters on top of these. (That's what is my main aim here. Once I have a lightweight version of that, I'll take a break.)
- Reference: UI
- Reference: shortcuts
- Yoooo. So it turns out that this is actively maintained. Cool. (For Linux.) Still cool.
21:40ish. fraidycat: Follow blogs, wikis, YouTube channels, as well as accounts on Twitter, Instagram, etc. from a single page.
- Ight, so this one's pretty lit, except that it doesn't have enough categories and user-definable filters rules. But that's where I'm stepping in. I might just fork from this project... but for now, I'll keep my code local.
- Learned that [[Electron]] is how you can make desktop apps with JS <3
- I've become distracted. I was hopping between python and js documentaries. I think I need a break.
- Slight bit of clarity: I need to spell out my real goal here...
- Update front page with core goal (of right now...)
- ight, back to twitter.
Figure out how to open Python in cmd....
- Sick. All I have to do is
>py. Well, that was easy. Now to learning this thing...
- Nvm. Not going to figure out how to do Python. Switching back
- Sick. All I have to do is
Back to work. I've been distracted since 22:50. I'm making this tool because I need it.
- "Or you could learn to focus." Or, I could build a tool that helps to teach me to focus.
- I realize I may have been using my time poorly. I'm going to pause doing the demo until my next step becomes more clear. Instead, I'll focus on communicating my core idea about this Item and about [[Living Items]] in general. That's what I really want to focus on.
tags: #journal long-term (go) link: https://ethanplante.org/go/ff-chalkboard-build-log
🏛️ Stoas for [[focus filters chalkboard and build log]]
📖 Open document (Hedgedoc) at https://doc.anagora.org/focus-filters-chalkboard-and-build-log 📖 Open document (Etherpad) at https://stoa.anagora.org/p/focus-filters-chalkboard-and-build-log 📹 Video conferencing space (Jitsi Meet) at https://meet.jit.si/focus-filters-chalkboard-and-build-log
🔎 Full text search for [[focus filters chalkboard and build log]]