For a Red Zoopolis
An : article
Author : Richard Seymour
Also introduced me to the idea of a Zoopolis.
- The dream of superabundance is over.
- Energy is going to have to be rationed.
- Renewable energy cannot meet current demand.
- Degrowth is required to reduce demand.
- An eco-socialist definition of abundance
His idea of a red zoopolis is interesting. Though sounds similar to deep ecology? Which has had its own accusations of ecofascism…
planet which is not a death-trap, and in which humans are not the self-loathing, guilty Anthropos of climate literature, but at long last the responsible stewards, and the agents of collective liberation.