📚 node [[hypothesis]]
- a tool
- for reasoning
- in formal logic, the antecedent of a proposition.
- "A hypothesis (plural hypotheses) is a proposed explanation for a phenomenon. For a hypothesis to be a scientific hypothesis, the scientific method requires that one can test it."
- "A working hypothesis is a provisionally accepted hypothesis proposed for further research, in a process beginning with an educated guess or thought."
- extend client:
- clone and adapt API-server to support plugins for fetching personal notes for some url from:
📖 stoa (open document) at doc.anagora.org/hypothesis
⥅ related node [[hypothes-is]] pulled by user
- go https://web.hypothes.is/about/
- wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothes.is
- open source project by Dan Whaley.
- A non profit, 501c.
- An annotation platform.
- They develop a really nice browser extension and associated tools.
- ask dan whaley
- What is their longer term vision?
- What is their method of governance?
- What is their stack like?
- How stable is their funding?
- Why will Hypothes.is succeed where others failed?
- What happened to HypothesisProject? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UComNY07yEHTJYfRGx6KRILQ
- https://web.hypothes.is/blog/annotation-is-now-a-web-standard/#post/0 mentions browser support as a goal.
⥅ related node [[hypotheses]] pulled by user
⥅ related node [[agora bridge]]
⥅ related node [[agora hypothesis]]
⥅ related node [[agora hypothesis integration]]
⥅ related node [[annotation]]