📚 node [[meditation]]
- awareness practice
I finally gave meditation a try back in 2018 or so because of sam harris.
- It essentially changed my life, as did yoga later.
- Flancia, I believe, would not be possible for me without meditation.
- #pull meditation practice meditation for programmers
- #pull buddhism hinduism christianism mysticism religion
- To focus (or "bootstrap"), I often make use of counting practice.
- When there is a lot of surprise, there is a lot of energy.
- To try to control it will make it bounce back against you. To call a negative thing positive is an attempt to control it.
- Sit with the energy to figure out where it wants to go. This is how you listen and see more options.
- See choice less angle. Relate with things as they are to include all the options.
- When you are not expressing yourself, you are not free. So, you begin to struggle. This struggle creates a routine, which you then use as a response instead of responding to what is.
- Truth has no tomorrow- it is beyond time. Do not recreate yesterday's truth today.
- Concentration is a form of selection. Selection implies a selector- a thinker. This selector creates the contradiction.
- Concentration is selective attention- it focuses on one thing by making everything else lesser. Whole awareness does not select, and so includes everything.
- Awareness is surrendering to Everything.
- The moment, NOW, is timeless.
- The shortest possible line between two points is the simplest path.
🌉 bridge to [[buddhism]] built by an Agora user
🌉 bridge to [[christianism]] built by an Agora user
🌉 bridge to [[hinduism]] built by an Agora user
🌉 bridge to [[meditation for programmers]] built by an Agora user
🌉 bridge to [[meditation practice]] built by an Agora user
🌉 bridge to [[mysticism]] built by an Agora user
🌉 bridge to [[religion]] built by an Agora user
📖 stoas (collaborative spaces) for [[meditation]]
🔎 full text search for [[meditation]]