- an egregore.
- wp https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moloch
- pull meditations on moloch
A maximizer of cacotopoi.
A vector against interesting gradients in protopoi, often taking the form of violence and unsolved coordination problems.
- Sometimes solved through history after giving new tools to more people.
- Currently includes social evils due to missed opportunities and the tendency of self-sustaining systems to stay put in idiosyncratic equilibriums, local optima.
- Better optima become available with improvements in availability of resources, and improvements for communication and collaboration.
- A vector against interesting gradients in protopoi, often taking the form of violence and unsolved coordination problems.
- The Agora is my proposal for a tool for chasing moloch.
a Biblical thing
is a name or a term which appears in the Hebrew Bible several times, primarily in the book of Leviticus. The Bible strongly condemns practices which are associated with Moloch, practices which appear to have included child sacrifice.
a poem by Allen Ginsberg (part of Howl)
'Moloch' has been figuratively used in reference to a person or a thing which demands or requires a very costly sacrifice.
sphinx of cement and aluminum
Something has been sacrified to Moloch. Modern materials but an old god.
Moloch in Metropolis.
whose mind is pure machinery!
whose blood is running money!
whose fingers are ten armies!
There's a lot of exclamation marks and angry energy.
Moloch who entered my soul early!
Moloch who frightened me out of my natural ecstasy!
Yearning for nature?
Moloch whom I abandon! Wake up in Moloch! Light streaming out of the sky!
^ The Matrix vibes.
After a first read through, I'm thinking Ginsberg was seriously angry about over-consumption and technology in the pursuit of money, at the expense of nature (or something more 'natural'). I don't know who he thinks has sold out and made this sacrifice. People in general? He himself maybe. I should read the other parts.
Words to describe Moloch
- Heavy judger
- Incomprehensible prison
- Crossbone soulless jailhouse
- Congress of sorrows
- flancian https://twitter.com/flancian/status/1479909695569776649
- flancian https://twitter.com/flancian/status/1480091499748642818
- flancian https://twitter.com/flancian/status/1480255413140525057
- codexeditor https://twitter.com/codexeditor/status/1480806953358016515
- flancian https://twitter.com/flancian/status/1482042428978868226
- codexeditor https://twitter.com/codexeditor/status/1482123452459130881
- codexeditor https://twitter.com/codexeditor/status/1482130892579835905
- flancian https://twitter.com/flancian/status/1482318719397339140
- flancian https://twitter.com/flancian/status/1482318747474055176
Meditations on Moloch
Meditations on Moloch
- pull slay moloch
- despite the gruesome picture it may evoke, it is actually about building bridges -- a constructive path to slaying moloch
recently reread meditations on moloch
- it left an impression on me, but I was unsure about how representative the impression I currently have of it, mutated by time and experience, matched what's there
- I couldn't say comfortably I knew it unless I reread it, and making Moloch a part of the Flancia narrative would be irresponsible without revisiting this source.
- It holds up quite well, actually. See node.
- some days I feel like slaying moloch
Please feel free to list here your reasons for slaying moloch.