📚 node [[monk]]
- I've sometimes thought I could be an OK monk. Whether Buddhist or in more of a the name of the rose scenario, I'm unsure.
- I'd like to meditate more, follow the middle way more, be awakened more often.
push january 2022
- during this month I'd like to try to behave a bit more like a monk: meditate more often, be more mindful, try to help others more, be conscious of how I invest my time towards a greater goal.
- I still have a partner and a high standard of living, so I'm unlike a monk in many ways. I'm more of a "house holder" in Buddhist terms. but I'm not sure the distinction is super relevant in this day and age -- perhaps less so over long periods of practice.
- pull monks in space
⥅ related node [[monks-in-space]] pulled by user
monks in space
the ending of a canticle for leibowitz, although bleak, is inspiring. I wonder which other stories of monks in space could exist -- and which ones are in Flancia.
- I keep thinking of a spaceship (colony ship? space station?) assembled out of standard containers which communities can choose to organize however they want -- the first ones started by monks but open to the wider community.
⥅ related node [[flancian]]