📚 node [[nfts 101 why nfts are a generational innovation]]
NFTs 101 - Why NFTs are a generational innovation
- Author: Ben Yu
- Full Title: NFTs 101 - Why NFTs are a generational innovation
- Category: #articles
- URL: https://medium.com/@intenex/nfts-101-why-nfts-are-a-generational-innovation-4626ae803e3b
- Ultimately, the strength of the brand of the meme, or shared mythology, in a sense, behind the Mona Lisa is what lends it its value, and justifiably so. How powerful is it to have a singular art piece that occupies rarefied air in the mindspace of just about everyone in the world, for whatever reason that it does?
- Regardless, the core concept and power remains the same across all memes — memes are a self-replicating unit of cultural transmission, analogous to the self replicating unit of biological transmission, the gene. This is an incredibly powerful concept when fully grasped at its core — the power of a meme derives directly from its degree of transmission and saturation and permeation in the cultural mindspace of the world.
- Memes are, like it or not, accept it or not, just about the most powerful things in the world.
📖 stoas (collaborative spaces) for [[nfts 101 why nfts are a generational innovation]]
- Open document (Hedgedoc) at https://doc.anagora.org/nfts-101-why-nfts-are-a-generational-innovation
- Video call (Jitsi) at https://meet.jit.si/nfts-101-why-nfts-are-a-generational-innovation
🔎 full text search for [[nfts 101 why nfts are a generational innovation]]