📚 node [[nick hornby reminds us why we love books (sometimes)]]
Nick Hornby Reminds us Why We Love Books (Sometimes)
- Author: fs.blog
- Full Title: Nick Hornby Reminds us Why We Love Books (Sometimes)
- Category: #articles
- URL: https://fs.blog/2016/01/nick-hornby-why-we-love-books/
- I am now cheered by the realization that, if I’ve forgotten everything I’ve ever read, then I can read some of my favorite books again as if for the first time.
- daisy…I’m beginning to see that our appetite for books is the same as our appetite for food, that our brain tells us when we need the literary equivalent of salads, or chocolate, or meat and potatoes.
- Being a reader is sort of like being president, except reading involves fewer state dinners, usually. You have the agenda you want to get through, but you get distracted by life events, e.g., books arriving in the mail/World War III, and you are temporarily deflected from your chosen path.
- And it’s a reminder that people who love books are in a certain kooky fraternity for life.
- public document at doc.anagora.org/nick-hornby-reminds-us-why-we-love-books-(sometimes)
- video call at meet.jit.si/nick-hornby-reminds-us-why-we-love-books-(sometimes)
🔎 full text search for [[nick hornby reminds us why we love books (sometimes)]]