Node Club Tarot Readings
This is my understanding of what the things are:
- galaksija. A homebuild computer from yugoslavia in the 1980s.
- timechain. "Time is your most valuable currency". timechain.com looks like some cryptocurrency grift, but time as currency I like.
- 2021. The year 2021.
- Ask. The act of asking something.
- Cimbalom Street Musicians. Pretty awesome sounding music played on a hammered dulcimer. I had never seen such instruments before.
- arcosanti. An experimental town related to Arcology.
OK… so a rough sketch:
The year is 2021, as imagined by a science fiction writer from 1921.
A future solarpunk vertical city. An arcology. Like Metropolis if it was not-Moloch. The citizens love cimbalom. As you walk through the city, it is your soundtrack, like the zither from The Third Man.
- ideology requires consensus thinking. It is hard to escape hegemony.
- radio equipment wishlist. A mostly empty node, but within a few clicks you are in the land of amateur radio.
- Anti-authoritarian networking. Designing a network such that it avoids implicit imbalances of authority. See also Authority in networks.
- maintain. The act of maintenance. I will probably riff on Hail the maintainers here.
- ways to run code. Compilication and interpretation.
- Repairability standard. The attempt to produce a standard means of describing how repairable something is.
What may be a thread here?
Maintaining a network of repairable radios in an anti-authoritarian topology. Perhaps with the distrubution of anti-consensus samizdat software across the airwaves, a la the code broadcasts in Socialism's DIY Computer. Interpreted by the receiver.