📚 node [[nodes or patterns]]
Nodes or patterns
In the Agora.
- ward said a pattern was a solution to a problem. it usually states what the problem is and how to fix it
- I like the word pattern because it is non technical and approachable. I really try to infuse tech culture with accessible ideas because STEM is so inherently elitist
- I really like pattern as a proposed solution to a problem; I like the pragmatism.
- but in that case not every node is a pattern; not all nodes are about solutions.
- so currently I'd vote for keeping node club as is, and perhaps also going back to wikilinks everywhere as the name for the web extension repo and associated integration project.
- that way we keep pattern for something closer to actionable, and align with Ward.
- I do like pattern though even if it might not fit here.
- I recall from Design Patterns and Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture back in the day that each pattern is presented as just one possible solution to a problem, and whether it is the 'right' one or not is very much dependent on context.
- Philosophically I very much like this fact that they are regarded as subjective / contextual. Because I believe most things in life are.
- I would actually say node
= 'problem', subnode =pattern. A subnode is just one subjective take on a thing, one possible 'answer' to a node's 'question', dependent on context.
- I think this aligns with anagora being a chorus of voices, each one subjective and contextual, and not an attempt at a definitive definition of anything.
- but anyway just waffling, node is good
📖 stoas for [[nodes or patterns]]
🔎 full text search for [[nodes or patterns]]