📚 node [[places for the soul]]
places for the soul
- about christopher alexander
- go https://vimeo.com/ondemand/placesforthesoul
- "life can't be produced from a drawing -- it can only be produced through a process"
- the tokyo school was designed with "full participation from teachers and students". the person who drove the project (high school principal) found him through the oregon experiment.
- homeless shelter
wholeness is the name of the quality here -- is it the same as the nameless quality in the timeless way of building?
- (some people aren't driven by) "an all consuming desire to produce wholeness"
- "people over there look like they're in alphaville"
- "absolute intent to destroy emotion"
- I wonder if alexander liked the voiceover, it sounds a bit robotic to me
- I would totally go on a walking tour with christopher alexander
📖 stoa (open document) at doc.anagora.org/places-for-the-soul