📚 node [[science]]
I tend to think of science as the process and accumulation of knowledge of all things material. This is perhaps an imprecise definition.
What I do know about science at the time of writing this (07/04/2022) is this:
- It is not a monolith. Capital-s “Science” doesn’t exist.
- Areas of scientific inquiry are arbitrary. Why is chemistry distinct from physics?
- Scientific knowledge is constructed. Scientific knowledge does not describe reality as it is, but seeks to model observed phenomena
- The distinction between “hard” and “soft” sciences is arbitrary
- “soft” sciences seek to model the world just as empirically as “hard” science. “Soft” science currently lacks an adequate framework for this, however. How can you make scientific statements about racism, which is systemic and structural?
⭕ wormhole to [[experiment]] built by an Agora user
⭕ wormhole to [[scientific method]] built by an Agora user
⭕ wormhole to [[scientist]] built by an Agora user
📖 stoas (collaborative spaces) for [[science]]
🔎 full text search for [[science]]