Spotify – boasts 124 million subscribers, taking in USD$7.44 billion in revenue but paying artists just USD$4.37 per 1,000 streams.
Over the last 7 years, Spotify has earned me 4.3% of what Bandcamp has. Over the last 3 months it's 1.6%. Getting playlisted by the Spotify lords and heard by 50,000 people is worth as much as ~20 people deciding to pay a fiver for a release on Bandcamp.
[@datassette](https://twitter.com/datassette/status/1280417867679313920 ) Datassette
And… @spotify announces it's killing another open podcast, and turning it into proprietary Spotify audio that you can only listen to on Spotify's awful player. I was a huge supporter of @Gimletmedia and it's disappointing to see Spotify systematically lock up its podcasts.
- flancian https://twitter.com/flancian/status/1464228826293186562
- flancian https://twitter.com/flancian/status/1468526314843951108
- flancian https://twitter.com/flancian/status/1472231487558852613
- flancian https://twitter.com/flancian/status/1473040899760340992
- flancian https://twitter.com/flancian/status/1476526066101534722